2016: Mission Statement

2023 — We’re Back!! Forums General Topics 2016: Mission Statement

• Creator
    Topic
    Stacy Sellers
    Participant

I think we need to have a mission statement of sorts both for the website and for the packets. We have pieces from the past that we can pull from. Does anyone want to take this on or lay down some bones for us to add to? Inform people of what Indidjinus is and how it started, what the goal is, etc…

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by admin.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by admin.
Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Stacy Sellers
    Participant

Not a mission statement but a way to tie together all of our info and paper work, a summary or something. A topic statement, conclusive statement, a way to make all of this stuff fluid…

admin
    Keymaster

I meant to put this on the agenda for the last meeting. Something short and sweet would be best.

Dennis Engblom
    Participant

Indidjinus: Dedicated to the sharing of the history, craft and culture of the didgeredo. (something like that)

Stacy Sellers
    Participant

Yes but it needs more than that. 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

What do you mean by more? Longer? More descriptive?

Stacy Sellers
    Participant

Yes.

admin
    Keymaster

Ok then we probably need to work on at least 2 things.  A mission statement which is short like Dennis’ submission and what you are looking for.

Karen Bishop

Hey Stacy –  Is this something for the membership packets? I’m just a little unclear of the audience/ purpose. I pulled together language from a few sources to compile something (below). Were you thinking something along these lines?

—————————-
    In-Didj-In-Us is an organization dedicated to the promotion of the music, culture and crafting of the didgeridoo. Founded by Chad Butler in 1996 in Scio, Oregon, it has grown to become the largest international didgeridoo gathering on the west coast (or the u.s.?). Each year musicians, friends and didgeridoo enthusiasts attend from all corners of the world, in an intimate setting where everyone can learn from and teach one another. This year, there are two opportunities to experience In-Didj-In-Us.

One opportunity is the conference, a member-based gathering where attendees take their love of the didj to a new level. This will be held at Neal Creek Resort  on August 12-14, just outside of Scio. This will be limited in size (200 people), and have a more intimate feel. The conference fee is $150.

The second opportunity is the In-Didj-In-Us festival. The festival will be held on August 19-21 at the familiar location of Prindel Creek Farm. The festival can accommodate more people, has a large outdoor kitchen, and will share many of the same musicians that play at the conference. The festival fee is $50 in advance, and $75 at the gate.

Both events will host small workshops, small-scale vending of handcrafted and unique musical instruments, and performances by some of the world’s most renowned musicians. Both will be sure to leave participants amazed by the talent being displayed by performers on the stage or around the campfire at night. This is an environment in which every person becomes a leader, teacher and student. There are plenty of big names that attend but here every person is a shining star. 

Stacy Sellers
    Participant

Thank you, Karen!

Karen Bishop

I’m working on the packet info… will likely have something soon… HA! how’s that for commitment?! I’m pulling pieces together to fill in the outline Stacy created.

Robert K
    Participant

Well done and well stated. Karen, you are an Indij Rock Star 🙂

Karen Bishop

🙂

admin
    Keymaster

Reviving this thread

Indidjinus: Dedicated to the sharing of the history, craft and culture of the didgeredo. (something like that)

I’m no copy editor, but from what I know even simpler is better and I’m thinking

InDidjInUs: Dedicated to sharing the music, history, craft, and culture of the didjeridu.

I’m using with the J spelling because it’s how it’s spelled in InDidjInUs.  The order of music, history, craft and culture is arbitrary but I can see purposefully arranging it either in order of priority, to make it flow better, or just to make it easier to remember.

Dennis Engblom
    Participant

I like it, Michael. Works for me.

Stacy Sellers
    Participant

Looks good.

Karen Bishop

I like it too

Jeremiah Barkman

Yep simple clear and very didgeridoo.

Janis Reeder
    Participant

Perfect statement!

admin
    Keymaster

Yeah so I noticed that the header on this website said

Dedicated to sharing the history, craft, and culture of the didjeridu.

Should be

InDidjInUs: Dedicated to sharing the music, history, craft, and culture of the didjeridu.

Got pasted into the FAQ, now changed on the website, but it’s in the PDF so I’ll fix that.

Updated version attached also

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by admin.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Karen Bishop

Good catch!

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘2016: Mission Statement’ is closed to new replies.