2016: Spring Campout!

2023 — We’re Back!! Forums General Topics 2016: Spring Campout!

• Creator
    Topic
    Chad Butler
    Participant

Just a shout out here that these first two full weekends of May are both opportunities to come out and see the InDidjInUs Conference venue, meet up with InDidjInUs friends & family, and to get your summer jump started with a spring campout.

The two opportunities are- Saturday May 7th. Portland band World’s Finest are looking to pack the joint and bounce the house. The show tickets are $60, which includes camping and I dunno what all else. Last time I went up there for an event the free samples from the vendors far outpaced the gate price, so I wasn’t at all disappointed. What it offer’s us specifically is an opportunity to see the venue in full use- how it handles the parking, camping, etc. They put me on their guest list so I WILL be up there paying attention and taking notes. Like InDidjInUs they prefer to have it as a private event so you’ll only get to buy tickets and get info on the location by contacting the band directly- their website is worldsfinestmusic.com

The second opportunity is at the same time as the InDidjInUs planning meeting scheduled for Saturday May 14th at 11am here at my house. After the meeting we’ll take a trip to the venue for an Open House showing. And after that, anyone who wants to stay over and camp out on my property is welcome. My band Menstrum will be playing a Happy 21st Birthday To Coyote set. We’ll have a bonfire and we’ll make fun. No cost for this, but please let us know in advance if you’re planning on camping so we’ll know if we have to order up a porta potty or not. Dogs are okay at my place, but they’d have to stay in your car when visiting the Conference venue.

If you’ve got specific questions you can email me directly- chadbutler@bhumsiva.com

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by admin.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by admin.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Chad Butler
    Participant

The music at the InDidjInUs Conference venue (May 6-8) starts on Friday and goes through Sunday, not just a Saturday show. And I believe there’s something like 11 bands. All for $60. It’ll be a nice test run of the venue at hopefully near full capacity. I live very near the venue so I’ll be back n forth throughout the weekend. Hope to see some familiar smiling faces. I’ll have free hugs. Yobi will be doing dance demo’s. You gotta get your tix directly through the band- worldsfinestmusic.com  Even their own ‘listing’ of the show only shows it as a 1-day event because it’s just that super secret. Small venues make the opportunity for attendance much more precious.

Karen Bishop

Wish I could come up there, but alas I need to be here in P-town. Sounds super sweet.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘2016: Spring Campout!’ is closed to new replies.