2016: Vending

• Creator
    Topic
    admin
    Keymaster

We need a Vending Coordinator and we will need to discuss the different vending situations between the 2 venues.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by admin.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by admin.
Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Stacy Sellers
    Participant

I don’t think we have the minutes in yet and I know we made some decisions about this but now is when I have time so I’m getting rolling on organizing this…

Neal Creek doesn’t seem to need a vending coordinator. As far as I know right now, only Steve and Johnna are vending, selling handmade goods/art and music instruments. I’ve asked the folks that have vended in the past if they would like to vend at NC and so far no one has been interested. That may change.

Vending coordinator for PCF w/ contact info-
    Vending jury process-
    Requirements for vendors-
    $50 booth fee
    Must be handmade and/or musical instruments
    Pictures of example items
    Written explanation of goods
    Contact info

Janis Reeder
    Participant

Jack will want to/plans to vend at this event. Sorry I didn’t understand that there was someone who was taking care of this yet. What else do we need to do to make this happen?

Stacy Sellers
    Participant

It’s ok, Janis. We haven’t filled in the blanks yet. Which one do you want to vend or both?

admin
    Keymaster

Which event Janis?

The Festival, you can contact Margie or Karen Bishop

The Conference, I guess I’m doing it.

Some differences.  Festival will likely be much like it has been, but we’re implementing a sort of application process.  I think we’ve all seen your stuff, so you shouldn’t need that.  The Conference is small and the intent at this point is to put all the vending in a large 30ft. yurt with maybe some room outsize for a canopy if it gets full, but the idea is to have an indoor space so vendors don’t feel like they need to sit there with their stuff.  It’ll be more secure and with the smaller crowd, no one will miss a sale if they aren’t in the booth.

Janis Reeder
    Participant

We can only go to the one on 8/12-14 because I have to be back at work on 8/17 and, unless I fly out of Eugene, I probably won’t make that but they can just lump it! Wish we could do both – I love PCF. We will have our RV and trailer since we will be traveling for awhile so that may be a “camping” issue as well.

Is there anything I can do to help you, Michael? As soon as you have more info, please, share so we can be prepared for the appropriate plans.
    Thanks – maybe in about two years I will be able to be involved with helping more because I will be retired!!!

Karen Bishop

For the Prindel Creek Farm event (aka the Festival), Carolyn Smyth and I are the vending coordinator team. We will be asking people to send us a description, with photos and pay the $50 booth fee upon approval. This information will be in the forthcoming June meeting minutes (sorry folks, I’ve been really behind this time in getting the notes out!). I PROMISE to have them out by tomorrow.

In the meantime, Michael – is there a vending coordinators email account that I should know about?

Carolyn and I will be talking about the vending at PCF, once and they’re all back from Country Fair and will send out more detailed information to the whole community.

Stacy Sellers
    Participant

Great, Karen. Thanks for all you do! Check out Margie’s Facebook thread on the Indidjinus group page. There’s a guy there that wants to vend. We can also do a post when we have some contact info available for folks.

Karen Bishop

Thanks for letting me know Stacy – I forget to check facebook

Stacy Sellers
    Participant

I put up a post and it’s all good.

Robert K
    Participant

Is the $50 vending fee at PCF in addition to the $50 entrance fee? Or just $50 total either way?

admin
    Keymaster

At PCF, the $50 is on top of the entry fee. We discussed this at the last meeting, but can revisit it if you think we need to.

Stacy Sellers
    Participant

Are we doing the fee or not? It was going to be $50 but is it still?

admin
    Keymaster

Sure

Robert K
    Participant

I don’t know enough about this to say what is right either way.

I do know that for the most part many people vending at PCF have contributed monetarily, skills and labor and general good vibes. Ala the McCaslin tribe with their raffles, and jam area, the Co-Op booth that offers Lewis, Margot’s Drums and inexpensive instruments and Cd’s, Pam’s Cds, Jeramiah’s Cds……Steve and Johnna’s arts and lessons…. Far exceeding $50….others like Jeff set up a ping pong table that lotsa folks enjoy and offers low cost crafting….In the past there have been the Lohr’s with their instruments and jam area, Geoff Frost….Who knows who the next creative young person will be to step up and carry the spirit but just needs an opening?

Sure some others that just take advantage, but the $50 entrance may be enough to limit that. And remember a frequent topic in Indij discussions over the years…when people are told that “You are required to pay X amount” they will pay that and no more.

Anyway, that’s just my 2 cents, either way I am certain it will all manifest exactly as it was destined to;)

peace, Robert

admin
    Keymaster

Thanks for your input Robert, I always value what you have to say. It was a board decision and we took a lot of things into account. There are no hard and fast policies, but people who work or performers may have other options. Most of the good people give more than $50, so it generally shouldn’t be a burden on them.

Things are getting pretty hectic now and I don’t see making any changes at this point, but we can revisit it next year.

Robert K
    Participant

Actually Michael, I have realized that the $50 in addition is probably a good thing. As noted, most give more than that anyway, so that should not be a concern. As far as people paying what is asked and no more…well more should not be needed if every one donates their share.

Good work you guys and gals 🙂

Stacy Sellers
    Participant

I think if we had a ton of people wanting to vend, then the $50 fee helps to go through the folks that maybe shouldn’t be there. It doesn’t seem like a factor this year. I think we should encourage vending at the fest unless we get more than the handful we have now.

Karen Bishop

For those seeking information on how to vend at the Festival (Prindel Creek Farm), please read the guidelines (pasted below and also in the “about” tab at the top of the page):

InDidjInUs Festival Vending Guidelines:

We welcome vending at the InDidjInUs Festival, and have established a juried process for those wanting a booth at Prindel Creek Farm. If you are interested in vending at the Festival, go to: https://indidjin.us/vending-contact/ and choose the “Festival Vending” option in the drop down menu.

There, you can leave a message with a description of your wares, and upload up to 4 pictures. One of the vending coordinators will contact you within 2 business days to confirm we have everything we need to make a decision.

On the website, you should include the following:

• Your contact information
    • A detailed description of what you are vending, and which category your products fall under (see categories below)
    • 4 good quality photos showing details of your wares

Categories for vending:
    1. Didge-related products that musicians would be interested in
    2. Musical instruments
    3. Handmade items
    4. Art

Vending at the InDidjInUs Festival is now a juried process, meaning items will be judged for their characteristics and quality. We want to ensure we provide vending opportunities for those folks who come to InDidjInUs with items we know the community is interested in. We will consider unique items that do not fall into the categories listed above, but you must submit a detailed request with your application. Please note that vending any type of paraphernalia is not allowed.

Please be aware that vendor set-up will begin no earlier than Thursday (8/18) around 3 PM

Thanks in advance for your understanding!

If you have any questions, please contact Karen: ksbishop44@gmail.com

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘2016: Vending’ is closed to new replies.